Friday, January 28, 2011

I Love You One Cheerio

1 November, 2007
I go again for my second ultrasound. And my final visit to this clinic. From here on out, I need to find an OB or midwife. Squee!
This time my husband was present. So this was his first live view of our little miracle of science. And this time it looked vaguely humanoid. Like a little Kewpie Doll Gummy Bear. Big Kewpie Doll head, with Gummy Bear arm and  leg nubs.
And then... it moved. Waved one little arm bud at us. We were goners. That one little involuntary arm bud movement, and I felt all my love for everyone else in the whole world drain away, all moving over into a big pile of love for the baby. I told my husband on the way home that it was like all my love was a box of Cheerios. There was a Cheerio for him. All the rest was for the baby. This feeling didn't go away for a while. But eventually I restocked on Cheerios, and had some left for other people too.
But it's fun to say to him "I love you one Cheerio" on special occasions.

To make a long story short, and one I will probably eventually get around to typing out at length on another blog, we had a baby girl 32 weeks later (full term. I'm subtracting the time before the final U/S at the infertility clinic.) And because we got the money for the IVF treatment from my Grandma, I like to joke that I got knocked up by my Grandma!

If you want to read more about her and us now, my main blog, Biting The Hand That Feeds You, is about activities and crafts, but mostly food and fun meal ideas (and my ineptitude in the kitchen.) I (much) less frequently post on War And Peas about toddlerhood and Motherhood issues. I chose different venues both for the fun titles, but also because our families are subscribed to my main blog, and I don't need his Grandma reading about his sperm count, or his mom reading about what days we're scheduled to have sex, or my dad reading that we even have sex. Hahaha! And no one we know needs to read about how much I hate him some days. Irrationally. Probably hormonally-driven. But still. I don't need anyone testifying at my trial that smothering him with my pillow for snoring all night wasn't temporary insanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment