Friday, February 4, 2011

Catch and Release

I just found out that my old IF clinic has merged with the new one I'm seeing. But their computer files aren't linked yet. And I will still need to sign a records release form. Whuuuuck? How stupid is that. The new clinic can't just call and ask for files to be faxed. And since I dicked around too long lost track of time, I had to drive out to the old clinic to get a hard copy of my file to bring in for my first appointment. But could they print it up and have it waiting for me and my release form? No. Which is bullshit, since I shouldn't even need a release form to release my records TO MYSELF!
My husband had faxed over his release form, so they could fax his motility and morphology report, and since we had our appointment the next day, I just told them so that they could fax it that day, rather than waiting until after our crack-of-dawn-o'clock appointment the next morning. So the guy at the office prints it out and lets me have it. Which I'm totally fine with, since as I'm flipping through it, I notice that his motility and morphology test results aren't even there. I mean, yeah, it's nice to know that he didn't have Hepatitis 3+ years ago, when these tests were done, but really, I think the fancy semen analysis which prompted the first clinic to recommend ICSI is somewhat more crucial information. So the receptionist prints that out for me. Thanks, bub.
But... my husband hadn't signed a release to allow ME access to his information. I wasn't going to bitch about it, but really. This new clinic had us each sign a form releasing our information, test results, and permission to leave messages with the other partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment